My Students are ROCKSTARS!

Posted by julz on , ,

I'm making my students blog, so I guess I should do some blogging myself.

In the Fall of 2008, I taught a course called CEL 560: Fostering Online Learning Communities. Some of my students from 560 are now with me and a bunch of brand new students in CEL 580: Tools and Techniques for Teaching Online. And I have to say that I'm blown away by the immediate community development in 580 because of the leadership of the 560 students and the participation of all the students. This is what I love about teaching.

So for the next two weeks, we all will blog and comment on each others blogs. It's gonna be fun keeping track of all of their blogs. I wonder if I should let them in on the friendfeed trick? You know the one I'm talking about, that's me blogging about it, it's at http://friendfeed.com/nmsuotl...

;)

~julz

4 comments:

adriep2 said...
10:57 AM

Hi Julia!!

Your page is awesome!! I am still in the basic stages of getting mine up--I don't have all the fanciness (is that a word?) and detail that you have. Since we have started this blogging experience, I think I have a more favorable idea of blogging. The idea that I can get some important messages out there for more people to see.

I'm going to keep working at it!
:)
Adriana

julz said...
6:18 PM

Adriana, I have been playing with this blog for at least 2 years and it's probably over the top with too much stuff. But it's how I learned about embeddable stuff and widgets and a lot more.

It definitely takes time to add the fanciness or as we like to say in our office, "it takes time to Bling your Blog."

:)
~julz

Arlinda Lopez Rodriguez, PhD. said...
5:24 PM

Hi Julia. Hope to get my new blog into a semi awesome state after seeing yours. Working on it.

Arlinda

stic2it.blogspot.com said...
11:16 AM

Hi Julia,

Loved being in CEL 560 and so far 580 is a blast. You are an excellent model in technology usage. I wish I had half of the online knowledge that you possess.

Sam Stichter